Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Evangelos Biscotakis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Evangelos Biscotakis has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Evangelos Biscotakis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Despite what people are saying and complaing about him here, I am taking the time to write the opposite. I went to him for a few reasons, and he explained everything to me in a professional way. He listened to me patiently and kindly and took my issues seriously than gave me a relevant answer. I am very happy with him, the best listener ever! He is busy, every doctor is and it is not his job to handle appointments and refills it is the staff's, so don't mistake his duties with other's.
I think he is easy to drop a client, he sees more geriatric patients and he sees tired and hard to file refills almost in any medication other patients had say the same. He didn't et along with my teen son from the get go since, then i lost his trust and he started to become rude, and impossible to cooperate , god complex.
We sincerely apologize that your experience at our medical practice did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide excellent care and service. We value feedback and are committed to learning from your experience to improve the care we provide
He diagnosed me with stage 2 hypertensions, placed me on metoprolol, and then abruptly canceled my prescription after being on the medication for over a year. I do not live in the area and I had to call into the office to find out that he wouldn't refill my prescription unless I came for a visit. Thanks Doc, its not like I live and work 4 hours away and that abruptly ceasing a metoprolol regimen can have serious and potential fatal side effects. I would recommend Dr. Biscotakis only if you would like to develop chest pains and or sue him for malpractice in the foreseeable future.
Dr. Evangelos Biscotakis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsPresence Resurrection Medical Center, 7447 W Talcott Ave Ste 245, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Evangelos Biscotakis in this video.
Dr. Evangelos Biscotakis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.