Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Evelina Okouneva
Dr. Evelina Okouneva, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Mountainside, NJ. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Okouneva is affiliated with Children's Specialized Hospital-Toms River Stevens Road, Childrens Specialized Hospital and Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp. She speaks English.
Dr. Evelina Okouneva has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Okouneva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Specialized Hospital-Toms River Stevens Road
Childrens Specialized Hospital
Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp
Childrens Specialized Hospital
14 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Evelina Okouneva accepts the following insurance providers.
- Amerihealth Local Value Network
- Amerihealth Regional Preferred
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Specialized Hospital, 150 New Providence Rd, Mountainside, NJ
Dr. Evelina Okouneva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountainside, NJ.