Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Evelyn Ding
Dr. Evelyn Ding, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX, with another office in Austin, TX. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ding is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin and St David. She speaks English.
Dr. Evelyn Ding has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Chest Pain
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Shortness of Breath
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Ding ordered a handful of expensive lab tests and then failed to follow up with me regarding the results. The office did not seem to be very clean; for example, used needles were discarded in metal tins that didn't appear to be medical grade. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Further, she closed her practice with very little warning and left many patients hanging.
Dr. Ding is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Seton Medical Center Austin
22 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Loyola University Medical Center
Locations & Directions
Dr. Evelyn Ding is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.