Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Evelyn R Macintyre has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Evelyn R Macintyre has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Evelyn R Macintyre has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 8
We really liked Dr. Macintyre. She's smart and funny and listened to what I have told many doctors. Only she figured it out quickly. I appreciated that she is open minded about alternative options and isn't so quick to pass you a drug. She did not discount that a person might know a thing or two about her own body. I would highly recommend her.
Dr. MacIntyre really listens to me, and if I bring up somethin I researched, she gives it consideration. She treats me like a person, rather than a number. She explains her reasons to do or not do something. She has called me after hours on occasion. Also, when I come in, she looks through past tests to get a clear picture, before jumping to order new tests. She is always cheerful, calm and friendly. I travel past many doctors to see her since she moved to Kihei, as she is worth it. Very Highly recommend.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Evelyn R Macintyre accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEvelyn Ruth Macintyre Md, 2349 S Kihei Rd Unit 2, Kihei, HI
Dr. Evelyn R Macintyre is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kihei, HI.