Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Evelyn A Ruelaz has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Evelyn A Ruelaz has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Evelyn A Ruelaz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I was given contraceptive pill, Fulconazol(a D grade medicine for pregnancy),and HPV vaccine. I took the medicines as instructed. I had weight gain and rash issue, I had informed my doctor and asked for advice too. Doctor said it's normal to miss period while on pill. But after I experienced morning sickness I got to know I was already 2 weeks pregnant before the above prescription , and it was already 8 weeks. Her advice was also not appropriate and didn't want to take any kind of responsibility for this error, she was ignoring us.
Dr. Ruelaz delivered my second daughter. I had a pretty traumatic birth with my first daughter so it was really important to me to have a doctor that I was confident in. Dr. Ruelaz was just that doctor. If I had any concerns she brought me right in. She went above and beyond to help bring my daughter into the world safely. She is a very busy lady but I would never know it. She never rushed me. She answered every question I had and was always great at putting my mind at ease. I would recommend her to anyone!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
24 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Evelyn A Ruelaz accepts the following insurance providers.
Kaiser - MidAtlantic
- Kaiser Permanente MidAtlantic
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Evelyn A Ruelaz in this video.
Dr. Evelyn A Ruelaz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.