Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ezekiel O Akande has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
Showing 5 of 16
Dr Akande is a good doctor .He talks to me about my problems that I am having I don't like the shots so much but they have help some what. I work alot of hours so I have so many issues but hes has helped with all of my problems to me he is the best doctor in somerset. I recommend him to anyone and I have.He has help me with my migrains that I have suffered from for 10 years now I don't have them I can enjoy my life more now.
SLOW WORKERS, DR IS TOO SLOW, NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTIONs, TREATED ME AS I WAS A LIAR, DIDNT LOOK ATY MRI, BASED HIS DECISIONS ON HOW YOU LOOK. He TALKS TO YOU LIKE AN @SSHOLE ANSWERS HIS CELL PHONE WHILE EXAMINING YOU FOR PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS LASTING LONGER THAN 10 MINUTES. WORST OF ALL THE WAIT TIME IS OVER 2 hours FOR AN APPT!!!!!!!
When I was referred to see Dr. Akande, I had been in pain from my car accident for months, and I felt as though I was getting the run-around from various doctors who seemed more interested in my insurance company than me. Finally, I saw this doctor, and he PROMISED that the pain would disappear, forever, without offering any explanation of potential risks, duration of pain relief, likelihood of failure, etc. The procedure worked fine, but the pain returned after about 6 months. I would not go to this doctor again, nor recommend him to anyone.
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Ezekiel O Akande accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCanton Potsdam Hospital, 50 Leroy St, Potsdam, NY
Dr. Ezekiel O Akande is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Potsdam, NY.