Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fadi Abouzahr MD
Dr. Fadi Abouzahr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in San Antonio, TX. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Abouzahr is affiliated with Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Fadi Abouzahr has 2 locations
5131 Medical Dr Ste 120
San Antonio, TX 78229
Dr. Fadi Abouzahr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Fadi Abouzahr has the following 8 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. Abouzahr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Universite D Angers
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Fadi Abouzahr Accepts the Following Insurance
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Fadi Abouzahr
Dr. Abouzahr received his medical degree from the Unversity of Angers College of Medicine in France. After his time abroad, he completed his residency at the University of Missouri Kansas City in 2002. He then completed his fellowship at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio in 2004.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Fadi Abouzahr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.