Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fadi Y Yacoub has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Fadi Y Yacoub has the following 9 expertise
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
Dr. Fadi Y Yacoub is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
My mother was mis-diagnosed by Dr. Yacoub. He REPEATEDLY told us there was nothing wrong with her and that her pain was all in her head. He refused to cooperate with getting a second opinion. We finally did it without his help and within 24 hours the a new Doctor offered a diagnosis that changed the way she was cared for. My mother passed away within weeks of her diagnosis. But only after 2+ months of being told by Dr. Yacoub that nothing was wrong. I am not out for revenege because here's the thing - my mother was going to pass due to her ilness even if he would have diagnosed her properly. Nothing could be done to change the short time she had left. However, IF he would have given her the proper time during her 60+ days of hospitalization and followed up with proper tests and requests, and taken off his "holier than thou" attitude, she would not have had to experience the extreme pain she suffered for months due to his lack of caring, lack of time and lack of knowledge & medical training. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY! We have a filed a complaint with the Iowa Medical Board asking that his case load be reviewed, we feel he is overloaded. Also that his required continuing education be investigated to assure it was truly completed. And finally we want our concerns on the record incase any further complaints surface - can't imaginge they won't.
30 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Fadi Y Yacoub accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsInternist Associates Of Iowa, 543 7th St SE, Cedar Rapids, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fadi Y Yacoub in this video.
Dr. Fadi Y Yacoub is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedar Rapids, IA.