Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Faiq A Hameedi
Dr. Faiq A Hameedi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scarsdale, NY, with another office in Bronx, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Hameedi is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Hameedi has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Faiq A Hameedi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Faiq A Hameedi has the following 15 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Faiq A Hameedi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Faiq A Hameedi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
These 5 star reviews are a joke and/or fake (relatives?!). This man does not care you wait over 40 minutes after work/commute as it is 'routine,' then sees you for around 15 mins. While you are trying to explain your health issues, he is playing with his phone and opening/reading mail uninterested.. A controlled refill was 3 days late, no response. He couldn't care less if he tried. This is a mill and he will tell you to get another MD if you object to any of above. Stay away.
Dr. Hameedi takes his time with patients, and from conversations in the waiting room I think his other patients are as pleased as I am. I suffer from depression and after a few months treatment I feel so much better. The waiting room is always clean and peaceful. The office tends to be very warm in the winter, I don't think the office does not have control over the thermostat. The wait time is shorter than what I've experienced at other Psychiatrists offices. Overall, I think the Doctor is one of the BEST Psychiatrists.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hameedi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Sindh Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Faiq A Hameedi accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Faiq A Hameedi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scarsdale, NY.