Have you seen Dr. Faisal D Wahid?

Let me start with my conclusion: Dr. Faisal Wahid is one of the two most talented, dedicated and caring physicians I’ve ever known – and I’ve known more than a few, including ones associated with the Cleveland Clinic and Northwestern Hospital. Here’s why. In late 2016, I received abnormal results on a stress test and was advised to undergo an angiogram without delay to determine the nature of the problem. I had an angiogram about 15 years earlier when a stent was inserted so I had some experience with this type of situation and knew it could be serious. The problem was that I had very recently moved to Texas from the Chicago area and hadn’t established my medical advisors in DFW. I knew I had to move fast but didn’t have a plan. My physician back home, the distinguished Dr. Ebrahim Amani, made some calls and I eventually found my way to Dr. Wahid at the Texas Institute of Cardiology in McKinney, Texas. I did not have any prior relationship with Dr. Wahid and assumed it would be difficult to see such an esteemed cardiologist on such short notice. I was wrong. Dr. Wahid made arrangements to see me within 24 hours. I was apprehensive when I arrived at Dr. Wahid’s office but I was greeted warmly by a staff who immediately put me at ease. They helped me complete the necessary paperwork – and only the paperwork that was essential at the moment – and then brought me to see Dr. Wahid. I remember the next part very well. After about a 30 second wait, Dr. Wahid entered the examination room, he smiled, extended his hand and said, “Don’t worry, we’ll take good care of you and you will be fine.” That was exactly what I needed to hear. Dr. Wahid quickly examined my history, asked me a series of questions and then explained the tests he would perform over the next two hours. Once he collected the information he needed, Dr. Wahid explained his recommendations on the next steps, including an angiogram the following week. Dr. Wahid was able to get me admitted to The Baylor Heart Hospital in Plano, Texas. I had done some prior research and knew that The Heart Hospital was one of the finest medical facilities of its kind in the entire nation and I felt fortunate that Dr. Wahid was able to arrange for my treatment there. Dr. Wahid performed the angiogram on a Monday morning and determined that I had two blockages which could not be rectified with stents. Double bypass surgery was in order. Dr. Wahid thought it best to keep me in the hospital until the following Wednesday when my heart surgery would be performed. As you might expect, Dr. Wahid is an extraordinarily busy man, but he took the time to explain everything that was going to happen to me leading up to the surgery, and then took additional time to explain – in detail – what I could expect with the surgery itself. Dr. Wahid talked to me with a focus that would have led a casual observer to think I was his only patient. Dr. Wahid enabled me to feel confident and relatively comfortable going into my surgery. Dr. Wahid saw me each of the 5 days I was recovering in the hospital and on each occasion, he spent time with my family, explained everything that was going on with my treatment and patiently answered their many questions. In the months since my surgery, I encountered a few administrative hiccups with the insurance paperwork on my claim. But, as difficult and frustrating as that problem might have been, Dr. Wahid’s office staff saw every aspect of the problem through to its conclusion, keeping me fully informed all along the way. They were kind, considerate and very professional in the manner in which they handled my bill for Dr. Wahid’s professional services, and also the services I received from the hospital, from other physicians and from my rehabilitation. I have now had several follow up examinations with Dr. Wahid and I continue to see the care and professionalism he showed me when we first met. I cannot recommend Dr. Wahid, and his entire staff, highly enough. Dr. Wahid is an outstanding physician. And, he is an outstanding man. Mike Karson Lucas, Texas

Wonderful and caring doctor

Dr. Wahid has taken care of our heart issues for the past four years. He has always shown a deep caring for our family. His skills are excellent and he does a wonderful job of explaining everything to our family. We highly recommend him.

The office is such a beautiful, nice building. The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering my questions. I appreciated the time and attention to detail Dr. Wahid provided during my visit. I would recommend Dr. Wahid to everyone!

Dr Fasil Wahi provides Compassionate,Quality Health Care

The most impressive trait of Dr. Wahid is he listens. He then creates a plan working with his patients to get your issue under control. Dr Wahid ones ...

Two thumbs up!!

I went to see Dr. Wahid because I was nervous as heart problems run in my family. He and his staff treated me with utmost respect and care. I will recommend him to all of my family and friends. I am completely satisfied with the care I received at The Texas institute of Cardiology.

Son of a 73 yr old patient

Had a 2:15pm appointment today. Given the standard paperwork and asked to fill it out. Still waiting in outside lobby as of this message. It is 2:55pm and was informed by rude receptionist that there is still a patient ahead of us that has not been seen. There appt is a 2pm appointment.

The best ever. very thorough. complete confidence in Dr. Wahid. Went through stent placement and was totally at ease

Excellent patient doctor relationship. Very nice and friendly staff. I highly recommend Dr. Wahid.

JOHN LARGE

Dr Wahid has saved my life more one time. He is knowledgeable in his field. He helped stop smoking. I would not any body touch me except him for my heart.

Saved my life

I received Dr Wahid's care by the "luck of the draw" when I was transported to Centennial Hospital in Frisco by ambulance during a heart attack. I credit Dr Wahid with saving my life, installing two stints and providing shock therapy to rid me of fibrillation.Something he also did that was very impressive to my whole family was the care he took in explainging my situation to my family members at the hospital.

Awesome Doctor!

Dr. Wahid is an outstanding doctor. I have been a patient of his for a number of years and I cannot imagine my heart's health in the hands of another physician. I feel entirely confident that I am in the best of care with him as my doctor. He truly cares about each and every one of his patients and goes above and beyond the limits to make sure that he gives us all his best. He stays on that cutting edge of what medicines and procedures work best for each individual yet he is never too busy for questions or concerns. His staff consists of a well educated and caring team who work together to his patients' benefit. I believe that God and modern medicine work together to perform miracles. Dr. Wahid confirms my belief.

Lifesaver

Dr. Wahid is very knowledgable and professional. I had 99% blockages in six coronary arteries and had no symptons. His diagnosis and treatment led to my life being saved. I avoided a heart attack and had a sextouple by-pass. I cannot speak more highly of him then what I have already stated. Thank God for Doctor Wahid.

Dr. Faisal D Wahid is similar to the following 4 Doctors near McKinney, TX.

Dr. Faisal D Wahid Is this you?