Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Faith M Crumpler
Dr. Faith M Crumpler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Crumpler is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center-Summit Campus and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Crumpler has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Faith M Crumpler has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
First of all, let me just say that during the time that I saw Dr. Crumpler, she didn't take the time to answer any of my questions. Her attitude was impersonal, brief and missing some points. For example, Dr. Crumpler wasted a total of thirty five precious minutes of the appointment time. Instead of her asking me questions about my condition, she spent time on the internet looking into the patient database/portal to get answers. So next time, I would suggest for Dr. Crumpler to spend more time getting to know the actual patient instead of looking on a computer for answers! Dr. Crumpler did not even schedule a follow-up or anything else for me to see a specialist!
Based upon my recent visit with Dr.Crumpler, I give her low ratings simply because I wanted to ask her about a very sensitive topic that concerns the ability to plan a family after a certain age. I had originally expected this visit to be a little more encouraging. But to my dismay, this visit made me feel worse. For example, Dr. Crumpler's disposition during the appointment was obscure, opaque, cold, unsympathetic and foggy! Her attitude was that she really didn't want me to think about trying to plan a family at my age! She was too lazy to follow up and take further steps. She rushed me away from the appointment. She didn't take the time to extend my treatment or make additional steps to consult with the Women's Health Center at the nearby campus. Or she could have referred me over to an Internal Medicine doctor or an OBGYN to answer my particular question. Dr. Crumpler did not take the time to get to know my situation. She was very brisk and snappy in her attitude. I don't recommend seeing Dr.Crumpler. You will get low budget advice, attitude and lip service! What a waste of time!
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Crumpler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Faith M Crumpler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLonglife Med Care-Downtown Oakland Clinic, 616 16th St, Oakland, CA
Dr. Faith M Crumpler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.