Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Syed Faiyaz F Hussain has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Syed Faiyaz F Hussain has the following 18 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Lipid Disorders
- Pituitary Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
Dr. Syed Faiyaz F Hussain has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
I have been going to Dr. Hussein for the last 2 years after being diagnosed with thyroid nodules which was later diagnosed as thyroid cancer. He has absolutely no bedside manner but he has been extremely thorough with my care. He is very short and can seem annoyed easily when you ask him questions. However, thus far he has handled my condition very closely and thus far I am doing ok. Hi staff is nice except for his office manager who is extremely disrespectful and can ultimately cause me to find another doctor just so I don't have to deal with her.
St Vincent Hospital
Dr. Syed Faiyaz F Hussain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEndocrine And Diabetes Center, 208 Bridge St, Metuchen, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Syed Faiyaz F Hussain, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Metuchen, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Syed Faiyaz F Hussain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metuchen, NJ.