Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Faiz E Niaz has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Faiz E Niaz has the following 67 expertise
- Eye Infections
- Seizure Disorders
- Knee Injuries
- Anxiety Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Chronic Illness
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Migraine Disorder
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
- Hearing Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Play Therapy
- Sleep Disorders
- Varicose Veins
- Adolescent Medicine
- Nutritional Support
- Sports Injuries
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Migraine Disorders
- Male Circumcision
- Genetic Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Hearing Loss
- Back Pain
- Spinal Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Voice Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Elbow Injuries
- Kidney Disease
- Skin Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Faiz E Niaz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
First meeting with him he kept leaving the room.. Ask me a question and he would go off and do something else. Not a patient Dr at all... He has the most dis-organized messy office I have ever been in. Don't call them on the phone they instantly place you on hold for 45 minutes ... He fussed me out for asking him a question then he hung up the phone on me! Told me he did not have time for stupid questions .. He is a Muslim Dr who has a bad attitude.. Over charged me for a procedure and refuses to give me back my money.. See the office had me pay in advance for a EEG test.. Then they turned around and billed my insurance for it as well... Watch this one he is a shafter.. They over book the office patients one every 15 minutes.. They can not keep up or see patients in a timely manner...
34 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Faiz E Niaz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsComprehensive Neurology N Ga, 125 Oakside Ct, Canton, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Faiz E Niaz in this video.
Dr. Faiz E Niaz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canton, GA.