Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Fakhar Ahmad has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Fakhar Ahmad has the following 9 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
Showing 1 of 1
held hostage in the Doctor's hospital Augusta Georgia
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fakhar Ahmad - Posted on April 6th, 2010
After 18 hours of determining that there was nothing wrong with my heart, including the original diagnosis of muscle strain, Dr. Ahmad refused to discharge me unless I consented to a treadmill stress test. I asked to refuse treatment and be discharged and he would only let me leave against medical advice which endangered my insurance. The situtation remaims unresolved. Since that time, I have read that the treadmill stress test for women provides more false positives than most other tests. I felt like a prisoner of this doctor and found his consultations threatening.
Dr. Ahmad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Allama Iqbal Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Fakhar Ahmad Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Fakhar Ahmad's office for more information.
1199 Prince Ave Athens, GA : (706) 475-7000
Locations & DirectionsPIEDMONT ATHENS REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, 1199 Prince Ave, Athens, GA
Dr. Fakhar Ahmad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Athens, GA.