More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Farah M Khatoon has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
my daughter had appointment with dr. khatoon at 10:00 a.m. was the first ones in the office at 08:40 a.m. sit there until 11:30 before she got in the room. then was rushing to get her out as liunch was at 12:00 p.m. stated my daughter had graves disease and advised would put her on medication three times a day. still haven't received the medication. office personel wasn't over friendly. had to scheldue a return visit. acted like they didn't want us back. the only positive was the young lady named Lesley who was a student intern from mercer. she was an angel to my daughter. when my daughter got her diagnosis she got upset. after dr. khatoon stated to my daughter something that shuld have been addressed with my daughters parents without my daughter being around my daughter freaked out and is now affected mentally of what was said by dr. khatoon. the wait was unreal. other patients coming in over and over and going straight back to doctors over my daughter who was getting visibly upset. then on the way home after we stopped by the drug store to see if my daughters medication was there which wasn't the nurse called me on my phone and asked me what medication are you expecting for your daughter. it is a shame when the doctor and her staff doesn't even know what is going on. I would definitely not recommend this doctor to anybody. very unpleasant experience with the exception of Lesley. may god bless you and your medical career ahead of you.
15 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Farah M Khatoon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Hospital, 770 Pine St, Macon, GA
Dr. Farah M Khatoon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macon, GA.