Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Farah Sagheer
Dr. Farah Sagheer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooksville, FL. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sagheer is affiliated with Brooksville Regional Hospital and Oak Hill Hospital. Dr. Sagheer has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Farah Sagheer has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 26
This doctor cares more about money then she does about patient care. She has lied to me, she's not told me that I have a major problem with my lungs, which I found out by getting copies of my records through another doctor because her staff refused to give them to me personally. Office manager admitted that the staff does not make the doctor aware of patient concerns. This doctor is horrible and I would not recommend her to my worst enemy. She's rude, doesn't know what she's doing and can be quite nasty. Her staff never return calls or do anything in a prompt matter. They are useless and a waste of time and money, from the doctor on down to the obese RT she uses to conduct her pulmonary testing in her office.
this practice is part of Access Health are very rude and do not return calls. I've asked for my records for The Past two months and have not gotten them nor have I spoken to the so called person who handles the med records, by which by the way is the NURSE????? No office mgr?? I wouldn't recommend this practice to my enemy!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Sagheer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Farah Sagheer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Gastroenterology And Pulmonary Care, 17222 Hospital Blvd Ste 318, Brooksville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Farah Sagheer in this video.
Dr. Farah Sagheer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooksville, FL.