Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Farah Tazeen
Dr. Farah Tazeen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Villa Park, IL. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tazeen is affiliated with Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Provena Saint Joseph Hospital and Provena St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Tazeen has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Farah Tazeen has the following 3 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Farah Tazeen has the following 7 expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cholesterol Management
Dr. Farah Tazeen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I am happy I met Dr. Tazeen. From my first visit to her office she has been dedicated to providing the best care she can. She makes herself available when I need her, she listens and explain so that I can understand what's going on. If you are looking for a educated and caring doctor Dr. Tazeen is your girl.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Tazeen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
Provena Saint Joseph Hospital
Provena St Joseph Medical Center
Provena St Joseph Medical Center
Advocate Christ Hospital
23 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1990
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsFarah Tazeen MD, 23 W Madison St, Villa Park, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Farah Tazeen in this video.
Dr. Farah Tazeen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Villa Park, IL.