Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fares R Raslan has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Fares R Raslan has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
Showing 5 of 29
I have had 10 back surgeries including the insertion of cadaver vertebrae and was hospitalized for 3 months but he is of the opinion that my x-ray looks normal so I must be fine. Wrong!! I was on needed pain medicine for 9 years and his opinion is that I do not need it. The State Medical Board advised me to file a Complaint so I am! He is horrible despite his work at the VA, as I am sure he only does that for the money, he is not even an American so I doubt he cares about our Veterans!
He has always been very nice and seems concerned. Has never actually done a physical exam on me though. He will tell you several things in the appointment for treatment plan and then forget by the end of appointment. The staff is terrible. He has one assistant who works with him. She answers all the phone calls and checks you in. If you call for anything you will be very lucky if the doctor ever hears it, and if he does, she will never call you with the message. She needs to go! If you are looking for a doc to just pass out meds he is not for you. And plan on being in the office for quite a while. Usually at least an hour behind.
I have been seeing him for a long time due to chronic back pain. He I so nice and seems to try and help. the last visit I left crying. I don't know if I caught him on a bad day because I have never seen him act so rude. I am on a very low pain medication and never have asked for any thing else. But that day he made me feel like I am a horrible person. besides that one day I have always felt very happy with his hospitality.
Very busy Dr. made me feel comfortable and confident about my procedure. Covered all the bases for me. Highly recommend Dr. Raslan
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1988
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Fares R Raslan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsNorthcoast Pain Managment Associates Inc, 25200 Center Ridge Rd, Westlake, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fares R Raslan in this video.
Dr. Fares R Raslan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westlake, OH.