Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Farha S Khan has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Farha S Khan has the following 17 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Farha S Khan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
I have been a patient of Dr. Khan's for 14 years. It is so important that she remain my endocrinologist that I followed her from Allina to North Clinic and I now drive over an hour to see her (and I am an RN who works with Allina endo's.) She always takes time to gather my health history, ask how I have been feeling, explain my medical issues and develop a plan of care before my next appointment. Truly the best MD I have ever seen and I would highly recommend her. She is thorough, compassionate and listens to her patients.
She is a very humanistic top of the line provider. very professional outstanding. When i was seeing her alot of my diabetes issues were my fault not taking care of myself.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Farha S Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsAllina Medical Clinic-Coon Rapids (& After Hours Care), 9055 Springbrook Dr NW, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Farha S Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.