Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Farooq Agha
Dr. Farooq Agha, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Agha is affiliated with Espanola Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital and Kaseman Presbyterian Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Farooq Agha has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.<br>The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.<br>These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
Dr. Farooq Agha has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Farooq Agha is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Agha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaseman Presbyterian Hospital
Presbyterian Hospital - Albuqueque, Nm
48 Years Experience
King Edward Medical University
Graduated in 1965
Dr. Farooq Agha Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Farooq Agha's office for more information.
4411 the 25 Way NE Albuquerque, NM : (505) 332-5800
Locations & Directions4411 the 25 Way NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Farooq Agha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.