Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Farris M Fahmy has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Farris M Fahmy has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Dr. Farris M Fahmy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Farris M Fahmy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Fahmy is so caring and upbeat. He gave me hope when I was feeling hopeless and really seemed to be happy and love his job. And that translates into a wonderful experience. I'd never been to a male gyno/ob but he is so different than all the women I've been to. He is not moody or sour or rushed. His office is so clean and bright and I look forward to being in his care.
This is the worst ob/gyn I have ever been to mostly for his crudeness. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. First off let me discuss two of the many vulgar and off-color comments he made. 1) "Have you ever had a $20,000 piece of equipment in you?" as he was doing a transvaginal ultrasound - as if I'm supposed to be flattered - I was so offended I didn't even know what to say &when I discussed wanting to conceive he said,"I call it, getting knocked up." Not funny. I give him an F. Not to mention his ridiculous prices. I will never return.
Beautiful facility, very clean and welcoming. The waiting area always has fresh flowers, the receptionists are well mannered and helpful. If ever there is a wait, it's only because the doctors never rush you out. Dr. Fahmy always makes sure he answers all my questions. He is always very thorough. I had been suffering for years with heavy bleeding and cramping that would make me miserable for a good chunk of every month. I previously thought the only answer to my problem was to take my uterus out. After the birth of my last child, I was determined, I could not take it anymore. But then I found Aster OB/GYN and instead of the very drastic Hysterectomy, Dr. Fahmy did a minimally invasive procedure called an ablation. It was done in the office, 15 minutes later I walked out like nothing happened and I have been a new woman ever since. I can finally enjoy life. Thank you Dr Fahmy for all you do. YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
St Josephs Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAster Ob/Gyn Pc, 240 W 98th St Ste 1, New York, NY
Dr. Farris M Fahmy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.