Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Farrukh Anwar has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 23
This is the worst Doctor I have ever been to. I was treated as if it was all in my head. He did not order any blood work or give me anything for the terrible pain I was in...I waited months to see him and he made me feel like nothing within 10 minutes. If you are not already fully deformed or in a wheel chair....I do not recommend him. I was later tested and I have a very bad form of RA and Fibro.
Both My father and I have visited Doctor Anwar. Over the course of the past 9 years he has been and will continue to be my father and I's primary doctor. Doctor Anwar is very good at the practice of medicine. He is very devoted to and caring toward his patients. I would recommend any doctor who has saved the life of my dad. Thank You for all your service Doc. Anwar.
I went to see this Dr. because my general Doc did alot of tests on me and my cronic pain I had been having for years. Test results show Rhumatoid and Thyroid problems. I waited over a month in even more pain to see this Man who I thought would finally help me. He spent 10 minutes with me and a few questions. I told him I am in so much pain I sometimes pass out from the exahustion of it all. The pain is mostly in my hands,feet,neck and shoulders ...I added "with a gesture "an area around my pelvis/hip area but he never turned around from his computer to see me point out this area?? Long story short. He wants a sleep study done, see a cardio-specialist and a bunch of repeted tests which I just went through 2 weeks ago.Gets worse. He said "well maybe I need my head examined" I was speechless and in the worse pain of my life....left with no meds or advice. Never again.
Dr. Anwar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Farrukh Anwar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMid Michigan Medicine Pc, 1070 E Caro Rd, Caro, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Farrukh Anwar in this video.
Dr. Farrukh Anwar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Caro, MI.