Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Farrukh H Hashmi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
If I could give him "0" stars I would. Dr. Hashmi acted cold and indifferent to me. I've been seeing him for over a year for medication management and have not been pleased. I don't think that he considers the chemistry balance in the brain when prescribing my medication. i think he's reckless in his prescribing practices. I have depression, he prescribed an anti-psychotic that screwed me up for a week and I only took two pills.Another time he gave me a seizure med. that's intended for epileptics, I lost 2 weeks of my life because I was so sedated I could not get out of bed. I can't trust him any more and plan on seeing some other Doctor 140 miles away if that's what it takes. My insurance says he's the only Doctor in my area that they will cover within 140 miles. DONT TRUST THIS MAN.....
This so-called psychiatrist is cold, impersonable, and is definitely homophobic and heterosexist... He treated me cruelly in 2003, with great indifference and non-compassionate treatment...with his insistence on extra high doses of two prescriptions which caused severe adverse reactions in which I had convulsions and extremely harmful reactions. It is from this experience that I highly recommend you stear clear of this malpractice-prone egotist!!!
This doctor is one of the worst I've seen. He lied to me repeatedly, lied in my records about what was discussed and argued with me vigorously while misinforming me on a treatment I was interested in pursuing. Seeing this doctor was more than a waste of time, his lies and misinformation could have put my life in jeopardy had I not already done my own thorough research about the treatment I was seeking. Do not put your life or your health care in this man's hands.
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Farrukh H Hashmi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLourdes Counseling Center, 1175 Carondelet Dr, Richland, WA
Dr. Farrukh H Hashmi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richland, WA.