Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr
Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sherman Oaks, CA, with another office in Van Nuys, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Malekmehr is affiliated with Encino Hospital Medical Center and Northridge Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr has the following 5 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Malekmehr is a great doctor. I recently encountered DVT and Dr. Malekmehr performed emergency surgery. I have absolutely no swelling in my leg and am progressing better than expected due to his excellent expertise and diligence. Dr. Malekmehr was not even on call when I went to the ER and yet he accepted my medical condition and performed last minute emergency surgery even though he was not on call. My leg was in extremely bad shape, it was looking to be amputated. Dr. Malekmehr took the time to come to my rescue and he completely saved my leg. I would recommend this doctor to everyone.
I usually don't feel the need to type this type of review, but I feel grateful for my experience with Dr. Malekmehr. I was a lung cancer patient, and got lung surgery with Dr. Malekmehr. Not only was he successful in removing the lung cancer, but I was also very pleased with the doctor himself. He explained the procedure in great detail, so when it came time for the surgery, I fully trusted him. He was always on time, and always available when I needed to reach him. When we paged him, he immediately called back. I felt as though he truly cared about my well-being. He checked regularly on how I was feeling the days following the surgery. He visited me in my hospital room, and when I left the hospital, he called me daily. The surgery itself was a great success because it exceeded my expectations. I had a quicker recovery than expected. I was out of the hospital in only 2 days, and in about a week I was able to return to my daily routine. I was also very pleased by the scars left behind--not only were they very small incisions, but they're hardly noticeable. Before the surgery we had been considering several other doctors, but we are very happy to have chosen Dr. Malekmehr among other surgeons. If he has the time to take you for your next cardiovascular procedure, you'd be lucky.
Dr. Malekmehr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1989
Wayne State University
Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr in this video.
Dr. Farshad Malekmehr Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman Oaks, CA.