Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Farzad Farrokhi
Dr. Farzad Farrokhi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Northridge, CA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Farrokhi is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Encino Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Farrokhi has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Farzad Farrokhi has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Showing 5 of 10
I have come to know Dr. Farrokhi in my last 3 hospitalizations at Northridge Hospital (also greatly improved ). Dr. Farrokhi listens and discusses your condition and allows the patient to be involved in medical care. He does not dismiss you. He is quite pleasant but mainly, I have been impressed with his knowledge and demeanor. Should I be hospitalized again, I would hope he would be my doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Farrokhi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Farzad Farrokhi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthridge Hospital Medical Center, 18300 Roscoe Blvd, Northridge, CA
Dr. Farzad Farrokhi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northridge, CA.