Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Farzan Mahmood has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Farzan Mahmood has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 12
I was diagnosed in January of this year. Been 10 months of Methotrexate. Dr.Mahmood told me yesterday that my pain isn't from RA but could be a nerve problem. The doctor really thought the pain in my knuckles shouldn't be there cause there's no swelling. Nor the pain in my feet. Dr. Mahmood doesn't talk to me and he doesn't seem to care. I told the doctor my hair was thinning! Yikes! I have long hair. Doctor just nodded his head when i asked if thinning hair is a side affect from MTX. I broke down in tears as this is frustrating enough having this RA crap but going to a doctor who doesn't care is the worst. I want to get well and have been very proactive. I'll be looking for a different Rheumatologist. If you don't mind a doctor with no expression or compassion Dr. Mahmood is definitely a cold person.
Granted, mine was an unusual case. During a knee replacement, my knee was biopsied and found to be consistant with RA. Dr. Mahmood did more tests with also pointed to RA without being definite. Given all this, he wanted to put me on methotrexate even though I told him I was in the wine business. He said that I could have one drink a month. I went to a different doctor.
18 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 2000
Mount Sinai Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAurora Behavioral Health Center, 818 Forrest Dr, Waterford, WI
Dr. Farzan Mahmood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waterford, WI.