Farzan Thahir Is this you?

Have you seen Farzan Thahir?

Fellowship from the Mayo Clinic

Posted on October 23rd, 2017

I was sent to Dr Farzan from a gynecologist in Midland, TX, because she said I needed a gynecological oncologist. I went to his office in Lubbock. He said I needed a hysterectomy, and that the surgery would be in Amarillo. That is about a 3 hour drive for us. We decided to make the drive, because I knew he must be an excellent Dr. since he did a fellowship at the Mayo Clinic. I had the surgery at BSA (Baptist St. Anthony). My husband and I both felt that our experience there was so excellent and the staff was superb! We would drive there again, if I should ever need him to do another surgery!

Invaluable asset to patients, families, & community!

Posted on May 26th, 2017

Dr. Farzan was great at explaining procedures plus their underlying rationale. He and his staff were very caring & compassionate & especially sensitive to my sister (the patient) who, due to a severe stroke, had significant language & motor deficits. We never got the feeling that we were being rushed. Staff were especially helpful when we had to switch appointments. Dr. Farzan & his staff really cared about my sister's comfort level during exams but were also careful to be thorough so that a correct diagnosis & treatment plan could result. We would highly recommend!

Dr. Farzan and his staff are wonderful, compassionate, knowledgeable professionals.

Posted on December 21st, 2016

Dr. Farzan is a brilliant, hard-working, kind doctor with excellent bedside manner and more energy and devotion to his work than any doctor I've ever seen. He performed a difficult surgery to remove a 30 cm mass from my ovary, discovered it was cancerous and had to do a full hysterectomy and appendectomy as well. As I was healing, he scolded me quite forcefully for not doing the things he had ordered me to do to heal properly, and it was in that moment I realized that he genuinely cared about my recovery. He isn't just your doctor, he serves as your strongest advocate for recovery and good health. His staff are all incredibly sweet and attentive, and I've never had any trouble getting anything I need from them. Sometimes they get very busy, though, and that's understandable, considering how many patients Dr. Farzan has and handles all on his own.

Posted on August 8th, 2016

Outstanding. Wife would be dead if was not for his skill and work ethic. Saw him on a thur on mon wife was in surgery for stage 3C Ovarian cancer. I have the highest respect for him and would recommend him to any one.

Posted on March 10th, 2016

I was to receive a call the next morning for my scheduled surgery date and I didn't receive the call. I called late the next morning and received an answering machine! I left a message. At this point I am still waiting to hear back.

Posted on January 19th, 2016

Great doctor very caring and great to his patients !

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Dr. Farzan is a saint - he saved my life with an early diagnosis of cervical cancer. He is the kindest, most compassionate, knowledgable physician I have ever met.

The best Doctor I've ever had.

Posted on August 4th, 2015

Dr Farzan is an excellent doctor. He explains everything to you in detail. He is caring , patient, and very knowledgeable. I wish all my doctors were like him. He treats you like an intelligent human being. His medical credentials are impeccable. He removed my uterine cancer. I trust him completely. When you are battling cancer, it is important to trust and like your doctor. Without hesitation, I recommend Dr. Thahir Farzan. We are so fortunate in Amarillo to have him.

The place to go to for women's cancer treatment

Posted on November 7th, 2014

Posted on October 3rd, 2014

Very courteous staff and Dr. Farzan is wonderful. He always explained all my procedures in detail and is very caring. Phone calls to the nurse are always returned promptly if I have any questions or concerns. Dr. Farzan was able to remove all the cancer I had, and I and my family will be forever grateful. I highly recommend him!

Best doctor

Posted on April 21st, 2008

Excellent physician with a wealth of knowledge & clinical skills

Posted on October 16th, 2017