Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Faten N Aberra MD
Dr. Faten N Aberra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Aberra is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Faten N Aberra has 2 locations
3401 Civic Center Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104
3400 Civic Center Blvd # 370S
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Book Online Now
Dr. Faten N Aberra has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Faten N Aberra has the following 14 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lung Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Faten N Aberra is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Faten N Aberra - Posted on February 18th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Faten N Aberra - Posted on March 30th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Faten N Aberra - Posted on June 27th, 2008
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Aberra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1997
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Faten N Aberra Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Faten N Aberra's office for more information.
3401 Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia, PA : (215) 590-1000
3400 Civic Center Blvd # 370S Philadelphia, PA 19104
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Faten N Aberra, MD - Gastroenterology in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Faten N Aberra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.