Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fawaz A Faisal
Dr. Fawaz A Faisal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burbank, CA. His specialties include Sleep Medicine and Neurology. Dr. Faisal is affiliated with Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and California Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Faisal has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Fawaz A Faisal has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Fawaz A Faisal has the following 4 expertise
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 30
My wife was having serious problems. She has MS, but it was unknown at the time of the visit with Faisal. It was sort of an emergency visit because of some serious pains, she was referred to him by her regular doctor. When we saw Faisal, he worked very quickly, as though he was super rushed and didn't want to be bothered. He was only in the room with us for maybe 4 minutes. My wife kept trying to talk to him and explain the problems she was having, and he kept interrupting her, never letting her finish a sentence. How can a doctor do their job if they won't ever let the patient talk? I mean seriously? We never went back to him.
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Faisal, as a physician. He is gracious, warm, respectful. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about 3 staff members (which is why I cancelled my Appt. & his care). Staff is uncaring, touchy, irritable, and unprofessional. Very unfortunate, indeed... as Dr. Faisal is a kind/professional Dr., who came across quite humble and caring. Here's a fact: staff needs retraining in customer care service, grace and professionalism. Regardless, as reviews attest (despite my issue is the latest in a pattern of complaints about staff): I would still recommend Dr. Faisal for his care, as a Neurologist. Dr. Faisal merits recognition; however, he needs to face the pattern most complaints reflect (his RUDE staff!).
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Faisal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Harvard Medical School
Stanford Hospitals And Clinics
Dr. Fawaz A Faisal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFawaz Faisal Md, 1220 W Olive Ave, Burbank, CA
Dr. Fawaz A Faisal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burbank, CA.