Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fayek N Shamma MD
Dr. Fayek N Shamma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ypsilanti, MI, with other offices in Bloomfield Hills, MI and Sylvania, OH . He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Shamma is affiliated with Flower Hospital and Chelsea Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Fayek N Shamma has 3 locations
Dr. Fayek N Shamma has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Fayek N Shamma has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fayek N Shamma - Posted on November 27th, 2018
Dr. Shamma and his team are truly incredible! They all provided us with some of the best medical care I think I've had. They were all polite, welcoming and you could tell that they are all passionate about the work they do. We never felt like just a patient number but that they took time to know us and our situation. My wife and I are forever grateful for the care we received there and that we were able to get pregnant. I would absolutely return here as a patient for another child.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fayek N Shamma - Posted on October 7th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fayek N Shamma - Posted on December 21st, 2014
I am pregnant with my second baby thanks to Dr Shamma and his expertise. I got pregnant on my first IVF and then did a FeT and was pregnant again. Dr Shamma is a phenomenal doctor and his office staff are also just as great. Everytime I walked in that office I felt like I was his only patient and was treated with nothing but respect and total caring from all of his staff. I will forever hold a very special place in my heart for f Dr Shamma and all that he has done for me over the last 3 years.
We LOVE him!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fayek N Shamma - Posted on August 3rd, 2008
Dr. Shamma is a very caring man. From my 1st appt. I could tell we would click. After one round of IVF I was pregnant! Dr. Shamma did all of his ultrasounds and knew our names when he say my husband and I in the hall. We were blessed to have Dr. Shamma as our dr.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shamma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1985
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Fayek N Shamma Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Fayek N Shamma is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.