Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fayez G Seif
Dr. Fayez G Seif, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mesquite, TX, with another office in Greenville, TX. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Seif is affiliated with Hunt Regional Medical Center at Greenville. He speaks English.
Dr. Fayez G Seif has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 48
Dr does not discuss issues at all. I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. All the Dr said was nothing was found, That's it.He did not follow up with my biopsy. He is very impersonal. The office called and wanted my 57 dollar copay before my endoscopy. I asked if I could pay after my procedure since the building is right next door. Seem to be interested in only $$$, I would not recommend this Dr, at all.
He doesn't discuss, he decrees, he lectures, he talks down to you and sees you only as a $ sign in his bank account. He is rude, not forthcoming with explanations about your disease, forgets to mention drug interactions, doesn't respond to patient enquiries about medications and will not discuss treatment options with you. Would not recommend him to any one for any reason!
This guy is disturbingly creepy and shouldn't be a doctor!! My husband was referred to him from his primary, we spent our $50 copay only to be scheduled for a colonoscopy and ZERO answers.. I mean this guy couldn't even answer simple basic questions regarding my husbands condition. He was too quick to get us out. So rude, so unprofessional. So after reading these amazing reviews he has, we will be getting on Angie's list! I went through this same thing with my father and I know a good gi doctor from a bad one!! I'm just shocked that he is still allowed to practice. I'm sure karma will eventually get him, hopefully. All I know is I will be protecting my man from his incompetence and greed. He should be ashamed of himself!!! Oh and his nurse was a jerk too!!
I wasn't impressed with him on my first visit, but he did answer my questions and he performed multiple tests to find out what my problem was. My main complaint was that after an MRI I was told to make an appointment for 6 weeks. I never received a call giving me the results. Six weeks is a long time to wait to find out if there is a problem or not. I finally called and the nurse gave me the basic information over the phone. It would have been nice if the office had called me instead of the other way around. But the bottom line is that he has gotten to the route of my problems, which other doctors have not. And to me that is the main thing.
Dr. Seif is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1985
New York Medical College
Dr. Fayez G Seif accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Fayez G Seif is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesquite, TX.