Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Felicia S Lacksen
Dr. Felicia S Lacksen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Watkinsville, GA. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lacksen is affiliated with Wills Memorial Hospital and St. Mary's Hospital Athens. Dr. Lacksen has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Felicia S Lacksen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Felicia S Lacksen has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Felicia S Lacksen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Talk about being in the modern day dr office cattle heard... Nurse is not worth the words or time ... but awful!!!!! Could care less....same thing every time I'm there! Used dr for years but just tired of the same junk... Friendly dr but never has the time or info to really help you as a patient. Fits you into the average checking off the box... I've worked in this field in a dr office myself for years and it's sad to see this is how they are in there medicine and practice. Proud of the dr I worked for because we never handled or treated patients the way they do. It's not just me either I've heard this from many other friends and patients as well... Look into your drs and staff and don't just put up with this awful care anymore... Your the one paying them for quality care....
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Lacksen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1994
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Felicia S Lacksen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHawthorne Medical Associates, 1351 Stonebridge Pkwy Ste 105, Watkinsville, GA
Dr. Felicia S Lacksen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Watkinsville, GA.