Dr. Felix Acholonu Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Felix Acholonu?

Posted on May 24th, 2017

Dr Acholonu has been my doctor for 30 years. At 59 years old I still proudly call him MY doctor. He has cared for myself with child birth and my children delivering my grandchildren. We are always treated with the up most respect and care possible. No matter the challenge I know without a doubt my daughters and myself are in the best of care.

Posted on September 5th, 2015

I love this doctor!

RUN as FAR as you can!

Posted on July 23rd, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone. There was another doctor that worked in the office with him that I initially started seeing at the age of 15 that doctor told me I was just young and told me my body would get normal, she gave me birth control pills after a year and a half I stopped taking the birth control pills hoping I would have a normal cycle. That doctor ended up leaving and I decided to see Dr Acholonu. He ordered lab work that I went and had done, when I went for my follow up appointment some kind of way my lab results hadn't come in and he accused me of lying about getting the work done. He looked at my old lab results and told me I probably had Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and he said it was my fault because I was overweight. (I'm 5 ft 6 133 lbs..definitely not overweight) I told him I wasn't and he said "well women with PCOS are usually overweight." I said "maybe most..but not me.." and he said "your BMI is probably to much that's common" so he checked the BMI chart (even though it doesn't take a medical degree to tell im not overweight) and then he said "oh..well ur BMI is not over" I said "I already knew that..now wheres my apology?" he didn't want to apologize and I had pretty much lost faith in him..it seemed he was giving me a "cookie cutter" diagnosis..just because losing weight for most women helps with PCOS..that wouldn't help me..because I'm not overweight..but he wanted me to fit the mold...I'll give u all a rundown of what was going on with me..when I was 12 my period started..at 13 it stopped for 13 months..when it came back on there was one point where I bled for 35 days and they had to give me medicine to stop it..I was also in severe pain..I ASKED if I had PCOS or endometriosis at the age of 15 (I did a lot of research on my own) I was told I was just young...so at 17 with Dr. Acholonu he told me if I was having pain I might need to get a HYSTERECTOMY...youre telling this to a 17 year old? He didn't really say what he thought was wrong..I ended up leaving his office..now I'm 21 and what dr Acholonu never diagnosed another dr diagnosed at my first meeting with him..they suspect I have endometriosis and I'll have surgery in a couple of weeks to correct the problem. There are times I can't work because I'm in so much pelvin pain. I wish this situation would've been addressed when I was younger but Dr. Acholonu and his associate wouldn't listen to me and what was going.

Best in JAX

Posted on May 6th, 2013

Dr. A is the best OB/GYN in Jacksonville. He is thoughtful, caring and very compassionate. He tells you the facts and will always do what's in your best interest.

PPatientatient for 12 years

Posted on October 24th, 2012

Dr Acholonu is a very knowledgable and caring physician. The only thing that I am hurt about is that I was almost 40 and divorced and on the depo vera shot and Dr Acholonu suggested that I get off birth control and get my tubes clamped due to the hormones messing up my bone structure. Well I am now getting married again and my fiancee would like me to have a child, but I can't because my insurance does not cover it and I cannot afford the money to pay for it cash. So unless he can reverse it pro bono, I am stuck and will not be able to have a child with my future husband.

20 year patient

Posted on October 11th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Acholonu since high school. Dr A has delivered all of my children and treated medical issues that I've had. The office visits are long but I have to say that he is the BEST Ob/Gyn in Jacksonville!!!

Posted on March 13th, 2012

Dr. Acholonu is very compassionate and ethical.

Tina Owens

Posted on December 26th, 2011

Dr. Acholonu is a very caring physician and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is very professional and has always been supporting of me even when my worst nightmare came true, my diagnosis with cancer. He always listens to me and even though the answer may not be what I would like he is always reassuring and kind. The downside is I often have to wait for at least 45 minutes past my check-in time but although this can be irritating I always console myself that Dr. Acholonu will give me the same amount of time when it is my turn to see him. Dr. Acholonu is one of my favorite doctors. The staff is always courteous and kind to me.

scheduling and waiting time

Posted on September 29th, 2010

I waited 2.5 hrs just to see Dr. Acholonu and he was in a rush and saw me only for 15 mins. The front desk receptionist doesn't know how to triage appt.

Caring Doctor and Caring Staff

Posted on August 13th, 2010

The service provided by the staff in Dr. Acholonu's office was top notch from my initial phone call to when I left the office. I was caught off guard at how friendly everyone was! I was treated warmly by everyone and knew I was in good hands. Dr. Acholunu was great. He took time to make sure all of my questions were addressed and that I understood all of his answers. The staff took extra time to work with my insurance situation. I finally found a highly-competent, trust-worthy, and caring OB/GYN that I would recommend to family and friends. I cannot praise them enough!

Long time patient

Posted on July 30th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Acholonu for over 18 years. Dr. Acholonu is very knowledgeable and is an excellent physician. I have referred several family members and friends who also share my experiences .

Posted on February 19th, 2017