Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ferhan K Beken has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Pain Medicine
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 5
When I became a chronic pain patient, I had no idea how difficult it would be to find a good doctor. The first doctors that I saw either questioned my pain levels (even with MRI, EMG reports) and made me feel like a drug seeker. Or they would insists upon expensive injections and not have any other options. Dr. Bekan has taken the time to listen, change medications as needed, discuss other therapies and overall options. She never tires of hearing the same thing or my daily frustrations. She will help you to understand the nerve damage and what is possible. It has been 5 years now and I am truly grateful for having her treat me as a person and helping me to combat this pain.
I saw several pain docs and other specialists for my chronic back and nerve pain. Dr. Bekan has been the best. She takes all the time that I need to listen, exam and adjust meds and treatment as needed. She is very empathetic, and never gives up trying to help. Sometimes she does run late, but it's because she never rushes patients, so I don't mind. She's been a lifesaver for me.
I had seen many doctor priot to seeing Dr. Beken, and when the shots and prescribed meds didn't work, they would refer me to other doctors instead of making adjustments. Dr, Beken was the first one to do a thorough evaluation, diagnosed me correctly finally, and offers many treatments to control my pain. She is the only doctor to stick with me and adjust my treatment as my pain changes.
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Ferhan K Beken accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMinimally Invasive Surgery Center Pa, 1801 New Rd, Linwood, NJ
Dr. Ferhan K Beken is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Linwood, NJ.