Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fernando O Abad
Dr. Fernando O Abad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Melbourne, FL, with other offices in Melbourne, FL and Blue Ridge, GA . He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Abad is affiliated with Holmes Regional Medical Surgery Unit. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Fernando O Abad has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Fernando O Abad has the following 1 expertise
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fernando O Abad - Posted on February 24th, 2015
Dr. Abad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Fernando O Abad accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Fernando O Abad
Dr. Abad joined our group during 2001. Prior to joining our group he worked with Central Brevard Anesthesiology, Rockledge, FL and Moya & Associates, Miami, FL. Dr. Abad obtained his undergraduate degree from University of Miami, Miami, FL and his medical degree from Howard University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C. He did his internship and his anesthesia residency at University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL. He is board certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists. Father of three young children, Dr. Abad enjoys playing guitar and surfing in his spare time.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fernando O Abad, MD - Anesthesiology in Melbourne, FL, in this video.
Dr. Fernando O Abad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.