Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fernando M Akerman MD
Dr. Fernando M Akerman has 2 locations
8950 N Kendall Dr Ste 103
Miami, FL 33176
2828 Coral Way
Coral Gables, FL 33145
Dr. Fernando M Akerman has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Fernando M Akerman has the following 14 expertise
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Hot Flashes
- Reproductive Techniques
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Reproductive Medicine
- Male Infertility
- Female Infertility
- Sperm Donation or Egg Donation (Oocyte Donation)
Showing 5 of 54
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fernando M Akerman - Posted on July 5th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fernando M Akerman - Posted on May 30th, 2019
Muy buen doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fernando M Akerman - Posted on January 11th, 2019
Con mi pareja Amanda hemos recurrido al doctor Akerman para tener un hijo por medio de los tratamientos que ofrece en su centro. Mi niño nació por FIV, agradezco al doctor por su calidez y por acompañarnos con honestidad y profesionalismo en todo el proceso hasta la llegada de nuestro bebé.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fernando M Akerman - Posted on January 9th, 2019
He recurrido al doctor Fernando Akerman para lograr mi sueño de convertirme en madre ya que no tengo pareja y todo ha resultado como lo esperaba. Mi niño nació sano y en perfectas condiciones gracias a un tratamiento de inseminación intrauterina. Estoy muy agradecida al doctor y a todo su equipo por acompañarme y ayudarme en todo el proceso para poder tener a mi hijo.
Recomiendo al doctor Fernando Akerman
Self-verified patient of Dr. Fernando M Akerman - Posted on January 4th, 2019
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Fernando M Akerman Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Fernando M Akerman
Dr. Fernando M. Akerman has been the Associate Director of the Fertility & IVF Center of Miami since 1999. He is a native of Argentina and is fluent in Spanish, English, and Portuguese. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 1997, and his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Louisville, Kentucky in 1999. Before that he graduated with honors from the Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina, where he also completed his Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1992. Dr. Akerman completed an Intership in Pathology at Albert Einstein School of Medicine, New York. Dr. Akerman is Board Certified in Ob/Gyn and is a Diplomate Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, subspecialty in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Dr. Akerman is member of numerous scientific societies such as the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (SREI), the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART), the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) and the Miami Obstetrical and Gynecological Society. In 2015 he became the President of the Florida Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (FSREI). He is an active speaker at numerous international fertility meetings. His main clinical interest are oocyte donation and gestational surrogacy, being considered a world expert in the field of Human Reproduction and Infertility. His patients come from all five continents to achieve the dream of having a family at his center in South Florida.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fernando M Akerman, MD - Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility in Miami, FL, in this video.
Dr. Fernando M Akerman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Miami, FL.