Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fernando Kawai
Dr. Fernando Kawai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Kawai is affiliated with Mt Auburn Hospital, Cambridge Health Alliance : Whidden and Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The. He speaks English.
Dr. Fernando Kawai has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Fernando Kawai has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Fernando Kawai has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Fernando Kawai is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Kawai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mt Auburn Hospital
Cambridge Health Alliance : Whidden
Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Whidden Memorial Hospital-Oupt
Somerville Hospital - Outpt
15 Years Experience
Universidade De Sao Paulo
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1981 Marcus Ave, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fernando Kawai in this video.
Dr. Fernando Kawai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.