Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ferril C Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
Dr Smith is an outstanding physician in every way. He is knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, loyal and goes the extra mile for his patients. I'm honored to be his patient and hope that he continues to practice medicine at a time when this is not encouraged or rewarded. Thank you Dr Smith and Elena.
This Doctor is a joke! All he cares about is money. His receptionist is the worst! Very rude. I think it is actually his wife. They don't even have a nurse on hand so the wife has to take your blood pressure. Also you have to pay now for same day service!! 500 dollars a month for Concierge service. Has anyone ever heard of such crap before? STAY AWAY!!!
Dr. Smith is courteous and friendly, but he has a tendency to speculate. This is my main issue with him. He beats around the bush looking for a solid diagnosis. He doesn't have the knowledge to determine what is relatively harmless to what could be potentially life threatening. He is addicted to expensive diagnostic testing due to his lack of diagnostic ability.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Ferril C Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFerril Chris Smith Md, 4207 James Casey St Ste 304, Austin, TX
Dr. Ferril C Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.