Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fidel Davila has the following 1 specialty
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Fidel Davila has the following 1 expertise
Showing 4 of 4
My mother was in the hospital in Springdale for 20 days. She was just starting to feel encouraged and getting better. Dr. Davila came in and very pointedly started questioning her about having an advanced directive which is not a bad thing, but his approach sounded as if she were critical and dying. I politely approached him about the inappropriateness of his conversation with her, and he was quite aggressive toward me, pointing his finger within an inch of my chest. After a rather public discussion next to the nurses station he did apologize. I did not feel that he was sincere or would change his behavior. I formally fired him as my mother's hospital doctor because I did not trust him at all to treat her. I felt that he was detrimental to her wellbeing, both mentally and physically. He may know his science, but he is, in my opinion, a terrible physician. I was told that he is known around the hospital as "Dr. Death".
42 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1976
Baylor College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDoctors Hospital at Renaissance, 5501 S McColl Rd, Edinburg, TX
Dr. Fidel Davila is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edinburg, TX.