Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fidel E Velez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Fidel E Velez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Velez has been our family physician for 10 years, he has never been wrong on any diagnosis. He does have a quirky personality that I like, but others may not. I find him a very caring doctor with a great sense of humor, but is serious when it calls for it. He has dug out a huge thorn in my leg, removed a lesion on my leg that needed testing and cared for me thru many bouts of bronchitis. When he didn't know the answer to my thyroid problems he freely admitted that and recommended an endocrinologist. He has burnt warts off my kids and done physicals for them also. He is also my dads dr and my grandmothers before she passed away at the age of 92. He's the only dr I know that still does house calls for his elderly patients who are unable to come to him. I give him high regards. He does use his laptop throughout your visit, but that is him pulling up your previous medical info or sending in a prescription via the internet directly to your pharmacy so that it is there waiting for you when you get there to pick it up. ,,,2 thumbs up Dr. Velez
I went to doctor Velez for 10 years. Usually for muscle strains, kidney stones, sinus infections and such. Always got me up and running quickly. He also helped me when I was out of town traveling wit a prescription that got me home. He has a unique personality that I liked but he may rub some people the wrong way.
35 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Fidel E Velez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Apollo Health Center, 1903 Acheson Ave, North Apollo, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fidel E Velez in this video.
Dr. Fidel E Velez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Apollo, PA.