Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fiona J Cook
Dr. Fiona J Cook, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, NC. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cook is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Dr. Cook has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Fiona J Cook has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Fiona J Cook has the following 16 expertise
- Lipid Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Fiona J Cook is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Mrs. Cook was the first doctor that came in and could recall very detailed information about my past visits with her. Not once did she have to look in her notes to recall what my condition were and she could recall everything from my first visit to my most recent one. I have not seen this with too many doctors. They usually have to sit and review your chart for minutes before continuing. She seems to really care about your care and puts the patient first. I feel so at ease with Dr. Cook. She's genuinely concerned and cares.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Cook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
East Carolina University School Of Medicine
Dr. Fiona J Cook accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
Locations & DirectionsEcu Physicians, 600 Moye Blvd, Greenville, NC
Dr. Fiona J Cook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, NC.