Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fiona L Dulbecco
Dr. Fiona L Dulbecco, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Cruz, CA, with another office in San Francisco, CA. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dulbecco has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Fiona L Dulbecco has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Fiona L Dulbecco has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Women's Health
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
Dr. Fiona L Dulbecco has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Fiona L Dulbecco is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Dulbecco is a brilliant woman cardiologist, she's kind, considerate, lets you ask a lot of questions, answers them carefully so you understand. She's patient with those who are obstinate, like me, resistant to treatment, in denial about their situation, not wanting to take medicaiton, but she's also firm and able to logically explain why one should hear her out. An amazing woman doctor. Wish there were more like her. She's also humble and lovable, and is like a good mom to a patient who is like a teenage daughter. Her bedside manner is concerned and attentive. I had to spend time at her hospital and it was not such a horrible experience thanks to her.
I was very impressed with Dr. Dulbecco. She took the time to listen and HEAR and respond with intelligence and thoughtfulness. This was my first visit with her and I was referred by two of my doctors. She is young and sharp and has done her research, which is very important to me as a 66 year old patient with a strong family history of heart disease. I am glad I found her.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
22 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Fiona L Dulbecco accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Fiona L Dulbecco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Cruz, CA.