Dr. Firoozeh H Shahidi Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Firoozeh H Shahidi?

all about money! staff does whatever they are told, I don't blame them!

office staff is wonderful specially Marium, she goes out of her way to help the patients. Very helpful. Dr takes her time with the patients does not rush.

Horrible staff

She is great Office staff is horrible. They are rude! Do not follow through Said they called in a prescription no record! Took a week and withdrawl of important medication! No on call service

Dr. makes you wait 1 1/2hr and then tells her staff they can go somewhere else if they cannot wait.... Dr is so rude. staff is good Oura and Mariam.

ora and miryam are thr best!! they really care and are helpful!!

The doctor is nice enough to spend time with you and answers all your questions but she is never on time to begin with. I had an appointment at 9am and she walked in the door at 5 min to 10am. She will not talk to you over the phone to get your results. You have to pay your $50 copay just to find out that your results are all normal. There is a charge for every service done in the office. It's ridiculous. Staff is very nice and friendly. The lady in the front is very nice, professional and very helpful.

I love Doctor Shahidi. She always answers my question's even if i have to call her personal cell phone. She was very nice and her staff treated me very well. I recommend Doctor Shahidi.

worst doctor ever

I would rather die than to ever return to this doctor's office again. Literally if it comes to death and going back I rather die. Worst staff and worst bedside manners ever.

Money grubbing

This doctor really likes for you to come to her office so that she can charge your insurance for a visit. She likes to make sure you come so she can make money. Her staff, especially Miriam is not nice at all. Miriam asks as if she doesn't need this job. She is rude and condesending to patients. I won't go to this doctor ever again.

This lady and her staff suck

Just don't go.. trust me

Terrible Experience

I went to see Dr. Shahidi because I just moved to VA and needed a new endocrinologist. I've had hypothyroid and Hashimotos disease for 12 years and simply needed my annual blood work to make sure I had the right dose of Synthroid.Apart from being rude and unprofessional, the receptionist (only 1 working the desk, it's a small office) was completely incompetent. Unable to answer basic questions, talking on the phone while patients waited etc. Although I was the only person in there in the middle of the day, I had to wait over 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment before Dr. Shahidi came out as said she was ready to see me. The receptionist talked on the phone chewing her gum. Dr. Shahidi was fine in terms of bed side manner and appeared competent, although she wanted me to go see another specialist and have an ultrasound of my thyroid done because it was large. I explained that I have had ultrasounds before, gave her ten years of medical records and that my thyroid had always been large because of the hypothyroid issue. She insisted on the ultrasound regardless, which required a separate day off work to go down town and get it done, in addition to $600 out of pocket because my insurance would not cover it. As I suspected, everything came back completely normal and the Dr. who did the ultra sound walked me through the results that day, on sight, sayign I had a typical thyroid for someone with Hashimotos. He then sent the results to Dr. Shahidi. My bloodwork also came back normal to her office with the same levels of TSH and therefore synthroid prescription that I had been on for years. Despite this, Dr. Shahidi insisted that I come back in for yet ANOTHER visit to "discuss the results." Again, I explained my insurance doesn't cover this, I can't afford to miss now the THIRD day of work for a condition I've had for years, that hasn't changed, and asked her to simply write me my prescription so I gdet my synthroid filled (as is standard practice with every other endocrinologist I've ever seen. It doesn't take multiple office visits to run lab work and write a prescription.) I explained again that we had already covered everything in the visit to her office just one week prior, that I was comfortable with the results and my condition the and that I couldn't afford to miss work and pay another $150 simply to have her write me a prescription for a simple condition that I already know and understand after a decade with the disease. The receptionist was infuriatingly rude and also refused to let me speak with the Dr. or have her call me. She said plane and simple that Dr. Shahidi would not write me a prescription without charging me for another office visit, which is just ridiculous. I then asked her to mail or fax me a copy of my medical records as I would be finding another Doctor and she refused to do even this. Said if I wanted my medical records I would have to come pick them up in person and also that there is an additional $20 fee to get a copy of them. The whole experience was awful. It was very clear to me that Dr. Shahidi's concern had nothing to do with my welfare or treating my condition and everything to do with making an extra buck wherever possible. By the time it was all said and done I had spent just under $1,000 for what should have been simply a routine visit to have my prescription checked and filled--and didn't even leave with that. By far, the worst experience I've ever had with a Dr. and I would never go to this office.

Absolutely love Dr. Shahidi. She takes the time to talk to you and you never feel rushed or ignored. She will personally take my phone calls when I have questions.