Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Flora R Howie has the following 2 specialties
- Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Flora R Howie has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Flora R Howie is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
This is an amazing woman and Dr.. She was kind and gentle and spoke to my 8-year-old son as if he were a real person finally! She listens to absolutely every concern and addresses everything. I am so thankful for her after having gone through so many other doctors to try and find my son to help that he needs
I CANNOT believe the diagnosis of Autism this women is throwing out there...such an injustice to the children. She obviously has NO background experience or IDEA what it means to have ASD, diagnose ASD or even understand. She needs to be stopped, SHE IS A FAKE, THE KIDS SHE IS PUMPING OUT ARE NOT ASD...I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE KICKBACKS SHE IS GETTING...WHO IS PAYING HER? AND WE WONDER WHY THIS EPIDEMIC GETS WORSE.....BECAUSE OF QUACKS LIKE HER..I CHALLENGE HER TO TELL A REAL EXPERT HOW SHE HAS THE GULL TO PASS OUT THE DIAGNOSIS LIKE CANDY
Dr. Howie cares about each patient. She listens to what the parents say and spends time with the child and the parents. I never feel like she's rushing us out of her office. She is wonderful about returning phone calls and is quick to offer help and suggestions. I feel blessed that she has been the one that has halped me with my son.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Flora R Howie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.