Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Florin E Merovici has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
I find this doctor to be very professional. He takes time to speak to his patients. Will tell you if he thinks you should see a specialist, always follows up with you. Will call you back if you have any questions. He will not just tell you what you want to hear! It is extremely difficult to find a doctor you can trust, who really cares about his patients & not the $$,He is one of the good guys. Lucky for his patients.
He recently expanded his office, which has given it a much less intimate feel. While you can get an appointment the day you call, you're often stuck waiting. I certainly don't always wait for 45 minutes, but last visit I did, and that isn't the first time it's happened.He ordered several (uncomfortable) tests, but when I called him numerous times to get the results, he didn't call me back. He has also failed to return calls to the pharmacy asking him for a refill on my prescription, and when he gave a refill, it was only for one month.I wouldn't recommend him for patients seeking a new doctor.
35 Years Experience
Carol Davila University Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1983
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Florin E Merovici accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTotal Health Care, 126 Greenpoint Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Florin E Merovici is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.