Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Florinda Calderon
Dr. Florinda Calderon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indiantown, FL, with another office in Hollywood, FL. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Calderon is affiliated with Jackson Memorial Hospital, Kendall Regional Medical Center and CcsBay County, Inc.. She speaks English.
Dr. Florinda Calderon has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Florinda Calderon has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Florinda Calderon has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
This practioner at Henderson MHC is the best! She immediately took my son off the medications that another youngish female psychiatrist at the other New Vistas Henderson had him on (the med was very bad for my son but the other practioner just cont'd to give it to him) and put him on a new med: Invega- she is very understanding and knowledgeable- takes time to listen and is objective.. doesn't just react to the patients' sometimes irrational actions but really seems to care and try to use her medical wisdom for the patients' best interest & welfare.
Dr. Calderon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jackson Memorial Hospital
Kendall Regional Medical Center
CcsBay County, Inc.
37 Years Experience
Universidade De Sao Paulo
Graduated in 1976
Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Florinda Calderon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indiantown, FL.