Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Floyd Meachum has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 6
I agree completely with the other reviewer. I have never encountered such a pompous, judgemental, unprofessional, and slow doctor such as this who spends zero time with the patient, explains nothing, is totally lacking in bedside manner, and makes his patients wait forever while doing what, I do not know. I changed providers and after having the worst experience of my life with this doctor, and with the new doctor, received the best experience of my life. My new doctor was on time, thorough, questioned me, explained processes, listened to my answers, asked about my general health in addition to what I came for, paperwork - done! She provided 10x more in 1/10th the time. I suggest he go back to school and study business and psychology to improve all of the above.
I went to the office 45 minutes before my appointment to make sure I get seen on time because they take up to two hours. There was only me and another person that was waiting. I was called in about 20 minutes after arriving along with the other lady who was put in the room next to me so I heard him when he finally went in the room to see that patient. It took him over an hour for him to come in the room after I had came out to see what was taking him so long since I was the only other patient. I was told by a nurse that he didn't forget about me without even looking up with no concern that I had been in the room for over an half hour. When the doctor came in he didn't have my file as usual just a piece of paper. I was upset and I made it clear the doctor said am I going to keep fusing or get to what I came there for interrupting me two times with a smart tone. I looked at him with disbelief and grabbed my coat, purse, and umbrella and left the office. I have since made an appointment at another clinic. I will never go to that clinic or see dr. meachum ever again!!
Dr. Meachum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital
6 Years Experience
Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Floyd Meachum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCambridge Family Health Center, 3900 Cambridge St, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Floyd Meachum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.