Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Floyd E Pirtle has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Floyd E Pirtle has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Floyd E Pirtle has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
My niece was referreded by a PA to go thru ER, Due to experiencing a sharp pain on right side of her head along with tingling/ numbness. ER not sure was is causing her sharp pain and went ahead and admitted her into the hospital. Dr. Pirtle was assigned for her care and that was one of the biggest mistake my niece states she allowed for him to be assigned for her care. He totally ignored her symptoms and reason why she was instructed by PA to go straight ER. He has no compassion in him at all!! Very rude! Does not care about listening to his patients!! She will never return back to see him!!
been seeing him for many years and nothing has changed. does not really care about bedside manner or how any treatments are working for individual patients. I wish I would have had the chance to go with the other dr. working in the office with pirtle. pirtle just seems too busy to be bothered with local patients since he is always out at the rural clinics. rarely checks up by a phone call on us sick patients. i have to call them and then wait several days for them to call me back. but i am stuck with him for now.
21 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Floyd E Pirtle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine, 3502 9th St Ste 110, Lubbock, TX
Dr. Floyd E Pirtle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.