Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Floyd Trillis Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Liver Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Breast Diseases
- Endocrine Disorders
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Floyd Trillis did not voluntarily disclose the diagnosis, surgical process/procedure, technique, any surgical risks (scarring, infection, pain), recovery time or alternative treatment options. Be sure to ask a lot of questions because if not, he will not divulge any information...he'll just stare at you (along with his fellows) until you either ask a question or leave. He evaluates/examines to make sure you are fit for surgery, but skips any sort of consultation/discussion and simply asks that you schedule an appointment on your way out. He does not serve as the voice of reason to ensure the patient fully understands what he/she is getting into with a surgical procedure. He is an order taker, an aggressive general surgeon with the practice of cutting first and consulting/advising later if need be. He subscribes to the sales tactic "don't sell when it's already sold". Additionally, the process of how fellows (students) are presented is flawed. There was zero disclosure about their purpose for examing me and whether or not their findings, along with the my expressed needs and concerns, would be communicated to Dr. Trillis. I assumed the fellows and his assistant were the primary examiners and all information and concerns I expressed would be communicated to Dr. Trillis. After the sale (I mean procedure) was complete, he was more than willing to listen to my concerns and overall disappointment. But even then he would respond with an insincere canned acknowledgement without really admitting to any wrongdoing. I guess they teach you in med school to never self-incriminate. He repeatedly would say "I understand what you're saying" and "I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations" in a creepy monotone voice. Although he did slip once and actually admitted that having his students in the examination room may have "thrown him off". He is just set in his ways at a ripe old age of 61, and honestly believes he does good work for people. Well this was certainly not the case with me. To make matters worse, my post-op wound care instructions were botched...I was advised to remove ALL bandages/gauze/tape the day after surgery. There was no mention of the need to leave steri strips on, which contributed to poor healing and increased risk of infection (I removed them causing the incision to open). Additionally, they did a very poor job closing two of three incisions, resulting in unsightly scars with dents. Extremely disappointed with how my case was handled, from start to finish. One positive: It's easy to secure an appointment... probably because his practice is slow (wonder why). Bottom line, he was negligent on many levels. A third class surgeon at best operating out of a second class hospital. My advice: Say no to Dr. Trillis and St. John's Westshore in Westlake, OH. He is the reason it is advised to obtain a second opinion.
37 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Mt Carmel Medical Center
Dr. Floyd Trillis Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Floyd Trillis Jr in this video.
Dr. Floyd Trillis Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westlake, OH.