Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Folarin D Tuboku-Metzger
Dr. Folarin D Tuboku-Metzger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Middletown, NJ. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Tuboku-Metzger is affiliated with Riverview Medical Center. Dr. Tuboku-Metzger has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Folarin D Tuboku-Metzger has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Folarin D Tuboku-Metzger has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Folarin D Tuboku-Metzger has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Folarin D Tuboku-Metzger is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I can't say enough about this woman!! Dr. Tuboku-Metzger is a rare gem in her profession. My family and I consider her more like a friend than a doctor. I wholeheartedly trust her opinion and expertise in all of our family's health care issues. I would recommend her to anyone who needs not only an excellent primary care physician, but a caring and concerned doctor who has nothing but her patient's best interest at heart.
This incredible doctor is intuitive, knowledgeable, slow to prescribe pills to a problem, willing to get to the bottom of things, but most importantly she really listens to you and engages you in serious conversations about your health. I have a deep-rooted distrust of medical doctors and it took years for me to find her. I am grateful and blessed that she is in charge of my care. I recommend her regularly.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tuboku-Metzger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1997
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Folarin D Tuboku-Metzger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFolarin D Tuboku-Metzger Md, 150 Cherry Tree Farm Rd, Middletown, NJ
Dr. Folarin D Tuboku-Metzger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Middletown, NJ.